AROS One x86 Work In Progress

AMIGASYSTEM · 55821

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #690 on: March 19, 2024, 06:04:02 PM
Two new DemoScenes "Arrakis" and "Nano" successfully installed and tested on AROS One !

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #691 on: March 25, 2024, 06:38:53 AM
Realised a new 0.6 Multiplatform version of AmiFox on the occasion of the first anniversary of the release of AmiFox.

AmiFox is a very useful Application, it allows to reach all those Sites where OWB cannot access properly.

Included in this new version is the language feature that allows you to tell Google and other pages which languages you prefer.

Also added although not yet finalized is the history feature.

AmiFox v0.6 you will find it in the upcoming AROS One v2.5, AROS One includes an interchangeable keys configuration, to do this just run the icons found in the "Themes prefs" folder.

These themes work only on AROS One because of the setting included in the scripts run from the icon.

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

yogib33r

• amigaaaaaaaaaa
    • la bonne anime
Reply #692 on: March 27, 2024, 04:28:50 PM
Hello AmigaSystem and thx a lot yet for your os which is my favorite !

So then i would like to know if it is preferable to make all the reinstallations of versions of the os or if the 2.4 version is enought to use without updates ?

As this if it is preferable, how do you see to offer us updates ? i mean the delays ? every months ? two months ?

Thx a lot yet and regards !

YoG

amiga 4  ever

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #693 on: March 27, 2024, 05:21:08 PM
AROS One has no fixed deadlines, it all depends on new third-party software and new Builds released, usually about 2 releases per year.

If there are Core updates you have to install everything from scratch, this is to avoid incompatibilities.

If, on the other hand, there are only third-party software updates then there will only be updates and there is no need to do a fresh install.

Lately, as for AROS One 2.4 the whole structure of the Core has been changed (compiled C library), so a new installation was inevitable.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2024, 12:42:37 PM by AMIGASYSTEM »

yogib33r

• amigaaaaaaaaaa
    • la bonne anime
Reply #694 on: March 28, 2024, 04:18:24 AM
Helllo ^^

Ok thx a lot for your work !

Regards

amiga 4  ever

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #695 on: March 30, 2024, 12:38:41 PM
Tested Myst III Exile on new ResidualVM and it works well in both Window and FullScreen, I tested it in Software Mode, VMs do not support native Video Card, but even in Software Mode it is playable, no particular slowdown !

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #696 on: April 02, 2024, 06:43:46 AM
I also tested Myst 3 with ResidualVM on the small "Dell Inspiron Mini 910" with native resolution (Hardware Mode) 640x480 ideal for having a full screen, see screenshot ! it is fast even in software mode !

Today I also created the DualPNG Iconne in the style of AROS One !

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #697 on: April 05, 2024, 03:14:30 AM
Tested ThemeList, a new OS4, AROS and MOS theme viewer developed by ilBarbax, ThemeList will soon be available for download !

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #698 on: April 13, 2024, 07:34:11 PM
Installed on AROS One a new Demoscene titled "Origami Intro" by Farox, the Demo works well even on Virtual Machine, although with higher resolutions it is a bit slow, very well instead with AROS One in "Native" graphics mode where thanks to the supported Graphics card the Demo is more enjoyable.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2024, 07:38:37 PM by AMIGASYSTEM »

yogib33r

• amigaaaaaaaaaa
    • la bonne anime
Reply #699 on: April 15, 2024, 02:58:24 PM
Fantastic ! Thx a lot !

amiga 4  ever

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #700 on: April 16, 2024, 05:50:22 AM
I did a test with AROS One 2.4 (C Library) with QEmu, tried OWB, AmiTube and listened to On-line Radio without experiencing any problem, see screenshot.

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #701 on: April 27, 2024, 09:26:02 AM
New on AROS One, from next version from GRUB menu AROS One users will be able to start via "Early Startup" "uCommander", a small emergency menu for small maintenance (see screenshot), from here it will be possible to start a Shell, Dopus4, Text Editor and more.

On uCommander, if necessary, I may add more applications in future versions of AROS One!

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #702 on: May 14, 2024, 09:33:35 AM
Due to some requests from users and developers I have created a Lite Version of AROS One, this version anticipates the release of AROS One v2.5, which if there will be no news also from Rufus, soon will be distributed the Complete version both in ISO and USB Image format.

This ISO Lite is complete with everything, it includes the new Core with the latest updates and fixes, to make it smaller 419 MB Zipped, 836 MB uncompressed, I removed Development and many third-party software from the Extras folder.

Among the important new features of AROS One 2.5, you'll find the possibility to delete highlighted files and folders with the CANC key, added on GRUB "EarlyStartup" where from the prompt you can just type "uCommander" where from its menu you can directly access Dopus4 or a Text Editor, needed for maintenance when for some reason AROS doesn't boot.

Those who download AROS One Lite and encounter problems or anomalies can report them here

AROS One Lite v2.5: Download

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #703 on: May 19, 2024, 03:06:59 AM
Thank you, from the OWB MOS Catalog in addition to the Catalog of Spain I have also recovered the Catalog of France, Turkey and the Czec..

While waiting for your programme "WitchCleaner", given the many files produced by OWB in the Cache, i created a small script that with one click deletes all the files in the Cache folder, see screenshot !

Changed GRUB's screen resolution, now set to 640 x 480, also improved uCommander support running from 'Early Startup'.

Also seen some user requests, added ClickToFront in WBstartup, handy for moving between folders with one click.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2024, 03:12:28 AM by AMIGASYSTEM »

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #704 on: May 23, 2024, 05:29:14 AM
Successfully completed test of WitchCleaner By Templario, WitchCleaner has been installed on AROS One "Internet" folder, you will find it available on AROS One v2.5 which will be released soon in the usual version complete with all third-party software and Development!

AROS One v2.5 will include as always new software and new updates which will be listed in the News !

On AROS One I have removed the Icons archive (4 types) that are available on an external package, the same thing will happen for SDL Games and 3D Games, this is to avoid enlarging the ISO too much, and because these games are more suitable for owners of supported Native Video Card.