AROS ABIv0 20201110 Development

deadwood · 28739

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #510 on: May 16, 2023, 02:31:07 PM
security.library isn't used. I think you waste your time with translating.

Ok I won't do the catalog securty anymore,, so it belongs to the security.library, mine was also curiosity, thank you for the answer.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2023, 02:43:38 PM by AMIGASYSTEM »

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #511 on: May 18, 2023, 03:15:44 PM
@Mazze

I finished the Italian translation of 42 catalogs, some were recreated from scratch and updated.

Among the last the Trident catalog, very tiring more than 300 strings to translate and assemble.

However, I noticed that "Poseidon Popups" cannot be translated, in the .cd file there are no strings concerning "Poseidon Popups"

As soon as I finish testing the new catalogs I will send you both the .ct and .catalog files

« Last Edit: May 20, 2023, 10:29:50 AM by AMIGASYSTEM »

Mazze

Reply #512 on: May 19, 2023, 01:48:18 PM
@Mazze

As soon as I finish testing the new catalogs I will send you both the .ct and .catalog files

Very good. I need only the CT files. The catalogs will be created by the build system.

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #513 on: May 20, 2023, 02:48:38 AM
@Mazze
Ok I will send you the .ct files in the respective directories

I integrated ABIv1 into AROS One, did some tests, BoingIconBar can now be closed, Skins exchange through my scripts works perfectly, see small video attached:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zcF2vCPPOEIqdBYTwubgEw0HM93BDjlK/view?usp=share_link

On ABv1 I found some anomalies:

- PenDrives are displayed with Floppy Icon (def_Disk) , on ABIv0 the correct icon is shown (def_USB")

- Italian Keymaps is corrupted, some com keys and "Enter" "Backspace" do not work and probably others (on ABIv0 works fine)

-  All executables in the "System/Wanderer/Tools" folder, if no icon is present, are no longer executable or work poorly, "DiskInfo" does not show Icon information, "WBNewDrawer" does not allow you to create a new folder, "WBRename", does not allow you to rename a file, I believe "Info", "ExecuteStartup" and "ExecuteCommand" also do not work as they should.

- GCC and C++ files in Contrib ABVIv1 "are non-executable" !

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UYHO14InJLnBmHkEXPEdcuhj9KoHVTGy/view?usp=share_link

This problem also exists on ABIv0, I already reported to deadwood some time ago!

Question, is there any place to find "ABIv1" software for the Network nothing exists?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2023, 11:13:12 PM by AMIGASYSTEM »

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #514 on: May 22, 2023, 10:59:18 AM
@deadwood

The AROS version of LoView does not allow you to associate an image, in practice it cannot be used as an Icon tool.

The same version on OS3 works correctly, images can be associated with LoView.

LoView is one of the best image viewing tools with a convenient and functional low tools, allows SlideShow and much more.

http://archives.aros-exec.org/?function=showfile&file=graphics/viewer/loview.i386-aros.lha

deadwood

• AROS Developer
  • Legendary Member
Reply #515 on: May 22, 2023, 11:39:07 PM
Two questions:

1) Does any other Hollywood application work as target of icon association?
2) Was LoView working as associated with an images in some previous AROS releases?

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #516 on: May 23, 2023, 12:11:00 AM
Some hollywood applications such as those developed by Juan Carlos, cannot be used as a tool, but this happens even with his OS3 versions, long ago I reported to Juan Carlos how to fix the problem (That was suggested to me by a developer).

This was the command to add to Hollywood applications:
f$ = GetFileArgument(True)

In the case of LoView it is different because on OS3 it works fine, I still reported the problem to its author.

LoView never worked as a "tool" even with older versions of AROS.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 12:26:30 AM by AMIGASYSTEM »

Mazze

Reply #517 on: May 23, 2023, 08:22:41 AM

On ABv1 I found some anomalies:

- PenDrives are displayed with Floppy Icon (def_Disk) , on ABIv0 the correct icon is shown (def_USB")

- Italian Keymaps is corrupted, some com keys and "Enter" "Backspace" do not work and probably others (on ABIv0 works fine)

-  All executables in the "System/Wanderer/Tools" folder, if no icon is present, are no longer executable or work poorly, "DiskInfo" does not show Icon information, "WBNewDrawer" does not allow you to create a new folder, "WBRename", does not allow you to rename a file, I believe "Info", "ExecuteStartup" and "ExecuteCommand" also do not work as they should.

- GCC and C++ files in Contrib ABVIv1 "are non-executable" !

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UYHO14InJLnBmHkEXPEdcuhj9KoHVTGy/view?usp=share_link

This problem also exists on ABIv0, I already reported to deadwood some time ago!

Question, is there any place to find "ABIv1" software for the Network nothing exists?

Please start a new thread for discussions about ABIv1 problems.

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #518 on: May 23, 2023, 09:05:59 AM
Okay Mazze, that's right, I moved the discussion here:

AROS One ABIv1 Work In Progress:

https://ae.amigalife.org/index.php?topic=1127.0

deadwood

• AROS Developer
  • Legendary Member
Reply #519 on: May 24, 2023, 01:19:05 AM
@AMIGASYSTEM

Can you show me an example of Hollywood application that can be used as a Tool under AROS?

Have you possibly checked with author of LoView that he does not have different source code elements for AROS and for OS3?

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #520 on: May 24, 2023, 05:36:20 AM
deadwood, all Hollywood Applications developed by "jPV", can be associated, some as mentioned do not even work on OS3, because the developers did not know the procedure to solve it.

I did a test on the fly, I created a Descriptor and a Def_icon for RNOPublisher documents, then from Wanderer I ran the document icon where as tool was set "RNOPublisher", everything worked, the Document was opened without problems, see screenshot !

deadwood

• AROS Developer
  • Legendary Member
Reply #521 on: May 24, 2023, 07:40:43 AM
Ok, thanks for validating that. As for LoView there's not much I can do on my own. If the developer can add some debug that would show different behavior on OS3 and AROS and indicate the source of that behavior I could look in system libraries.

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #522 on: May 24, 2023, 07:48:16 AM
The developer of LoView, said that there was no difference between his Amiga version and the AROS version, unfortunately he lost the sources of the newer version, at the moment he only has the old sources, we are in touch and I am waiting for some verification from him.

jPV

• Software made by jPV^RNO
Reply #523 on: May 24, 2023, 09:07:13 AM
The developer of LoView, said that there was no difference between his Amiga version and the AROS version, unfortunately he lost the sources of the newer version, at the moment he only has the old sources, we are in touch and I am waiting for some verification from him.
The latest LoView seems to be from 2020, at least according to AROS Archives, and it predates GetFileArgument() improvement in Hollywood 9.0 (2021). When a program is compiled with an older Hollywood and user/system gives a filename without a path as an file argument, you don't get a full path to the file, just the given filename. With the new "True" option to GetFileArgument(), you get the full path always which makes it to work better in certain situations.

Maybe this makes the difference on AROS vs. OS3... either OS3 handles the file with full path or there's some difference how OS sets the working directory or something like that? But I'm just guessing without testing...

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #524 on: May 24, 2023, 10:00:50 AM
@deadwood

with ABIv0 20201110, doing tests with RNOXfer, I noticed that when you use the button to set a volume, once set a guru appears, see screenshot.

With the previous Core this Guru does not appear !