AROS One x86 Work In Progress

AMIGASYSTEM · 55985

miker1264

• Legendary Member
Reply #210 on: August 06, 2022, 02:43:36 PM
AMIGASYSTEM

I like the new white folders as well. The blue folders are too dark to see the details. Lighter colors are better.

The white folders and presumably any light color allow the fine details to really jump out. Nice!  :)

Yes true white makes images stand out, but if the images are clear or particular the colors stand out better on blue.

Also the dark icons show best the transparency, the glow, but also the Amiga style Glow, then everyone will choose the one that best crebe and the one that is less annoying to the eye.

The creation of the White icons is taking me so much time, there are so many icons created on AROS One, and many I am recreating because they do not fit White.

Batch processing of icons would be nice. It saves hours of tedious labor.  ;)

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #211 on: August 06, 2022, 03:22:03 PM
It would be very useful but there are many variations beyond replacing some images, in any case what tool should I use ?

Meanwhile I have already created quite a number of Icons, there is a lot of work still, especially for third party applications !

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #212 on: August 08, 2022, 10:43:47 AM
Also today create a part of White icons, some of them are new and I also created them in the standard Blue version of AROS One x86/68k :)

miker1264

• Legendary Member
Reply #213 on: August 08, 2022, 02:59:15 PM
Also today create a part of White icons, some of them are new and I also created them in the standard Blue version of AROS One x86/68k :)

Very nice. They look great.  :)

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #214 on: August 10, 2022, 03:15:32 AM
Also the icons of the Emulators section has been completed !

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #215 on: August 11, 2022, 04:42:30 PM
Made a small video showing AROS One x86 booting directly from Scalos (only disabled Wanderer from Startup-sequence).

With Scalos now almost everything works fine and fast, except windows with icons, sure Wandere much faster, however I must say that Scalos has improved significantly

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gGcQnQ9qrLwc4zE-1kWJtul2Bje0umJK/view?usp=sharing

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #216 on: August 13, 2022, 02:45:13 AM
AROS Onew game folder icons have also been ported to White Icons !

ntromans

Reply #217 on: August 14, 2022, 12:35:15 PM
Just hit an unexpected issue with the eee PC install; usb mass-storage devices are not be mounted by dos. This is happening with both USB sticks (SFS and FAT formatted) and USB optical drives (two drives tried, both with CD and DVD). Trident is recognising a mass-storage device is inserted (and correctly identifying when this is a memeory stick) but it looks like usbscsi.device is not being launched propery - I tried opening HDToolbox to see what was being recognise but it was not showing anything except scsi.device, ata.device and ahci.device and became unresponsive for a couple of mintes or so when trying to exit.

Cheers,
Nigel.

P.S. This issue is not present with the 2016 version of the OS.

P.P.S. i'm wondering if Windows screwed up the download and/or DVD burn - I'm going to try a fresh download & install to see if that helps. Edit - this was the case, see below.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 03:47:40 PM by ntromans »

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #218 on: August 14, 2022, 02:00:42 PM
I don't know what do you mean by USB mounting from DOS?

With AROS One x86 I tested on "ACER ASpire 5920" 2 external USB HDs, one with a FAT32 partition and the other HD with 2 NTFS Partitions, both HDs were mounted automatically by "Trident", see the two screenshots !

Found only "a small problem" on the volume name when from the menu you run "disk information", it was an old problem that seems to have returned, I will make the report to deadwood.

For the installation of AROS One I recommend that you create a Pendrive, that way everything will be fast (Install AROS One in just a few minutes).
To create the Live PenDrive follow the instructions found on the DVD
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 02:24:10 PM by AMIGASYSTEM »

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #219 on: August 14, 2022, 02:06:04 PM
This is the screenshot showing the mounting on AROS One of an External USB HD with 2 NTFS Partitions.

To mount NTFS Partitions or Disks you need to copy "ntfs-handler" to SYS:L

"ntfs-handler" by default is located in the Storage folder !

ntromans

Reply #220 on: August 14, 2022, 03:46:15 PM
Full re-install completed, all working now. Looks Like Windoes did screw up the original download or DVD burn; no surprise there. Next time I'll try using MorphOS, as it looks like it has an option to burn the ISO straight from the zip archive, thus getting around the 2 GB file limit. Anyway, looking good so far and I'll try an install on the Samsung once I've completed a full system backup.

Cheers,
Nigel.

P.S. thanks for the tip on NTFS partitions - I'll be giving that a go (looks like the handler has moved on somewhat from the 2016 version).
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 03:49:27 PM by ntromans »

miker1264

• Legendary Member
Reply #221 on: August 14, 2022, 05:25:51 PM
This is the screenshot showing the mounting on AROS One of an External USB HD with 2 NTFS Partitions.

To mount NTFS Partitions or Disks you need to copy "ntfs-handler" to SYS:L

"ntfs-handler" by default is located in the Storage folder !

Why is the window title messed up?

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #222 on: August 14, 2022, 06:06:55 PM
We had discussed this before HERE, finding that the culprit was the Muimaster.library.

EDIT:

I confirm the problem is always caused by the muimaster.library, it is solved by using the muimaster.library included in the archive "scalos-builds-20220710"
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 06:29:52 PM by AMIGASYSTEM »

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #223 on: August 14, 2022, 06:47:12 PM
Next time I'll try using MorphOS, as it looks like it has an option to burn the ISO straight from the zip archive, thus getting around the 2 GB file limit.

I always use Windows and never had a problem, of course it is better to unzip the ZIP first, also the burning program can be important. If you have NTFS on Windows you have no problem with the file size.

P.S. thanks for the tip on NTFS partitions - I'll be giving that a go (looks like the handler has moved on somewhat from the 2016 version).

From Storage you have to choose the latest version with name "ntfs3g-handler", and rename it "ntfs-handler", It is not installed because it is being tested, use with caution.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 01:45:04 AM by AMIGASYSTEM »

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #224 on: August 15, 2022, 04:34:34 AM
Also for the Graphics programs on AROS One, the White drawers Icons version has been finalized, again some icons have been recreated from scratch, this also for the Blue version of the DualPNG icons of AROS One.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 04:40:00 AM by AMIGASYSTEM »